THE

WeeJoan

AUSTIN HEALEY SPRITE

From a garage somehere in the Highlands of Scotland.

Contact is biker@dzmail.co.uk

Last update 28th Mar 2020

Blog

Welcome to my blog

 

Here you can add some text to explain what your blog is about and a bit about you.

By hondacm250tb-biker, Mar 28 2020 09:26PM

So Gandalf and I have a problem with the Covid19. He works in the garage and I don't and reverse.

So he's been cutting out the rotten bits and temporaily screwing the new bits in place. There were several holes where water has not been allowed to escape after previous repairs. Suspension needs to go back on, so car can be moved off and on the ramp.

Have a look at the during page to see other works.

By hondacm250tb-biker, Feb 9 2020 11:06PM

Taken the doors off for new skins. Bonnet and boot lid also away getting sprayed.

The Starsky and Hutch panel on the side was me testing out a new colour. The car was originally British Racing Green, I know this after taking bits off. It was sprayed in 1984. Ive got quite a catalogue of history on the car. Then its presently Tartan Red. Now its going Old English White (approximately)!

By hondacm250tb-biker, Jan 31 2020 09:29PM

So this is the driver side front spring, in four bits. The spring came off no bother since there was absolutely no pressure in it. Made a special tool for this will show picture in next blog. So far the bolts are coming apart real easy. Although it's been in a garage for 20+ years, at least it's been dry.

By hondacm250tb-biker, Jan 27 2020 07:14PM

So the carbs on Weej are HS2. The engine I discovered is a BMC series A engine. The tab on the engne starts 10MA - ..... so its not the opriginal engine. It says 99k miles on the clock but who knows?

anyway, we did the distrutor and that needed parts. The engine did fire fairly easily after emptying the old fuel and adding some new stuff. It just wasnt firing well. One carb was very sticky. Took the carbs off.


Cleaned the bodies in UltraSonic tank with carb cleaner.

Cleaned the mechanisms by first degreasing, then derusting then zinc plating. The plating caused some issues later due to the additional thickness of material.

Replaced all the bolts/screws/nuts with either 2BA, or 3/16 unf. All stainless A2

Polished the dashpots on the buff. This was not so good as the metal doesnt really shine up the well, or at least not for me.

The saucepan filter covers have been sprayed black and soon to be fitted.

So a couple of carb tweaks yet to get her running smoothly. Drove her out of garage and reversed back in! Too chicken to test the brakes!!!


So far

Replaced water pump;

rebuilt distributor;

rebuilt carbs;

next are the front two broken springs

By hondacm250tb-biker, Sep 9 2019 05:37PM

So got Weej from a very very good friend. This is a big project for me, cos I'm still trying to finish my motorbikes too. She's a gorgeous wee car who needs a lot of TLC. I will be working my way around her and trying to keep this up to date.

So far I've drained old petrol and Oil. Taken out plugs and sprayed Oil in to the cylinders. Next plan is fresh Oil, leave to run through a bit, then turn the engine by hand. Then see if she will start.

RSS Feed

Web feed